Fig- and Pear-stuffed Pork Loin
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 250g minced meat (pork or poultry)
- 400ml bread crumbs with herbs
- 1 large ripe Willimas pear, peeled and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 80-100g chopped dried figs
- 125ml hot chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced thyme
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, ca. 1800g
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 300-350g fig preserves
- 250ml dry VOM FASS Madeira wine
- 2 tablespoons WALDBURG STAR Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 60ml butter
- 60ml flour
- Garnish with: WALDBURG STAR Fig Balsamic Vinegar, Williams pear slices, freshly chopped parsley
Fry minced meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until lightly browned. Drain well.
Mix with bread crumbs,chopped pear, chopped bell peppers, chopped figs, bouillion and thyme.
Butterfly pork loin roast by making a lengthwise cut down center of 1 flat side, cutting to within 1 cm of the bottom.
(Do not cut all the way through roast.)
Open roast, forming a rectangle, and place between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap.
Flatten to 1-cm thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
Spoon meat mixture evenly over pork loin roast, leaving a 1-cm border. Roll up roast, and tie with string at 3-cm intervals.
Place roast, seam side down, in a greased shallow roasting pan.
Bake at 375° for 55 to 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°.
Remove roast from pan, reserving drippings in pan.
Stir together fig preserves, Vom Fass Madeira and Waldburg Star Fig Balsamic Vinegar.
Spoon half of preserves mixture evenly over roast.
Bake at 190° for 20 to 30 more minutes or until meat thermometer registers 70°.
Let roast rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes.
Whisk in reserved pan drippings and remaining fig preserves mixture, and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes.
Serve sauce with roast and garnish.